Think of it in terms of functionality. For example: Instead of thinking, ‘Big Data’, why don’t we start with just ‘data’. Here’s an example:
- CCTV cameras at traffic light intersections.
- A hub with hardware to store and analyse traffic footage.
- A power supply station to make sure these installed systems work.
- The right software to run the entire thing.
- Let’s not forget, professionals and trainees to do the actual running.
That’s just an example. There’s so much more.
I think of what can be done, or what needs to be done, and I work upwards from there. That way, its never about big expenses and technology we cannot appreciate. It becomes an effort to build from a properly set foundation, and if there’s none, build one.